tirsdag den 8. februar 2011

Sting's daughter make recordings with Danish musician.

(BT) Sting's daughter, the singer Coco Sumner is in Denmark. Among other things to talk to the Danish electronika producer Anders Trentemøller. It is supposed to be recording musictogether in the near future.

Coco Sumner - which operates under the name I Blame Coco - is in Denmark tospeak at fashion week. But Thursday evening, she was invited to dinner withTrent Miller to discuss possible cooperation.

- Donald and I met in Copenhagen Jazz House, when I played there last year. Heis very talented. Exciting artist with great success. I've listened a lot to his musicsince. We agreed to meet to discuss how we can work together, "says 20-year-oldCoco Sumner.

The highly personal album 'The Constant' moves in a 80's inspired sound universe. The same with the hit 'Caesar' which she recorded with the Swedish 'Robyn' and have hit on Danish radio the past six years.


- Robyn powerful voice and my wrinkled, harsh voice fits curiously together as Coco Sumner says to bt.dk.

- The next thing I will record is more old school. I will strip the sound down. It will not be synthpop. With out any comparison at all. I want to look a bit like Depeche Mode, if the 'Personal Jesus' which is almost better in Johnny Cash down played version.

But while Coco has a fairly clear picture of the sound on the album, it more difficult for her to say something about the songs.

- My songs come from the subconscious. The only human place without filters.Where there are attempts to make himself better than you are, "says Sting's daughter.

- I have always been different than the others. When I was seven, my mother (actress Trudie Sumner, ed.) me a plate with Jimi Hendrix. She said it was thecoolest man on the planet. It's a big statement for a seven-year child. I discovered that she is absolutely right. My dad had given me an electric guitar. I did not brushher hair. Began collecting records, says Coco. Shortly after she learned the Sex Pistols to know. So was the life course outlined.

- Pistols. It is attitude music, it inspired me tremendously then. Everything about Sex Pistols about attitude. Three chords and then start browsing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar